Brussels International Spine Symposium
R. Gunzburg, D. Wong & M. Szpalski
- The aging disc
- Basic physiology of bone loss
- Biomechanics of the aging spine
- Parkinson’s disease and its implications in the elderly
- Epidemiology and risk evaluation of osteoporosis
- Aging sagittal balance
- Disc Injury Models for Disc Degeneration and Regeneration
- Epidural lipomatosis linked to age?
- Imaging of the elderly spine
- Age and imaging - what is normal in old age?
- Osteoporosis, pharmacological management
- Nonoperative treatment of osteoporotic fractures: Is there a rile for bracing?
- Specific pain management in the elderly
- Regenerative Medicine. Are we ready to use it on the aging spine?
- Manual Therapy Considerations For The Aging Spine
- Recognizing and Controlling Pre-Operative Anesthesia and Surgical Risk Factors in the Older Patient
- Unexpected early post-operative deaths (hard) lessons learnt
- Surgical strategies in osteoporosis
- Degenerative (de novo) lumbar scoliosis and stenosis: to correct or not?
- TDR in the elderly
- Should we be invasive in the elderly
- MISS in the elderly
- Precision of pedicular screw placement in the elderly
- Sagittal balance restoration in elderly
- Strategies for increasing screw purchase in the elderly
- Ankylosing spondylitis and its implications in the elderly
- HNP in the elderly: how often, what level, does it need fusion?
- Cervical TDR works as well for spondylosis as HNP-Blumenthal
- Stenosis - decompression techniques
- Long-term outcomes in adult spine surgery in patients older than 65
- Cervical arthroplasty in the elderly
- Risk reduction strategy in elderly patients with deformity surgery
- Odontoid fractures in the elderly
- Degenerative scoliosis by the non-scoliosis surgeon: limited fusion as an alternative to fusing the whole curve
- Complications and pitfalls in degenerative deformity surgery
- Stenosis in the elderly: to fuse or not
- Age limits in adult spine deformity surgery?
- Endoscopic surgery in the aged patient
Ethics and Economy
- The aging spine surgeon?
- Understanding changes in Spinal parameters with the aging spine
- Cost utility evaluation in elderly
- Duration of hospital stay in the elderly
- Intelligence-Based Spine Care Model: A New Era of Research and Clinical Decision-Making
- Evidence Analysis of the Three NEJM Papers on Fusion Associated with Spinal Stenosis Surgery:
- Can any specific treatment conclusions be made?
- The “Graying” of our population: Implications for the Future of Spine Care